Team Manager (Maternity Cover)
Location: The Shires, Oakham, Rutland.
Salary: Up to £26,995 dependent on experience
Hours: 7am – 9pm, 2 on 2 off, Monday – Sunday
Contract: Fixed term – Maternity Cover
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of young children and young people, we have the role for you!
We're looking for a Team Manager to join our team at The Shires at Oakham and The Shires at Oakham. Someone with previous experience of working with young people and managing large staff team's day and night would be perfect for this role.
About the School:
The Shires consists of four sites all within a 15 minute drive of one another. The Shires is a Special Educational Needs (SEN) School and Children’s Residential home within the Acorn Care and Education and NFA Group – the UK’s Largest, Independent Children’s Services group. We cater for young people aged 11-19 years who have been diagnosed with Autism and may have accompanying learning disabilities, behavioural problems or medical conditions.
The ethos of The Shires is very much characterised by a ‘can do’ attitude. Staff share the value of creating a home-from-home for children that reflects a family atmosphere, and cater for the children on an individual basis and ensure they are well-supported.
About the Group:
We are part of Acorn Education and Care and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our schools and homes are rated as 'Outstanding' or 'Good'.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
About the role:
Do you want a rewarding Career? To make a positive difference to young people and their lives? Are you patient, empathetic, resilient and supportive? Yes? – We want you!
The Shires currently has an exciting and challenging career opportunity for a Team Manager, to join the supportive and friendly team.
We want each young person at The Shires to achieve their own ambitions and to live fulfilling and productive lives. Therefore, you will be required to work from 07.00 until 21.00 on a rolling shift pattern of 2 days on followed by 2 days off. The rota will include weekends and bank holidays. During these hours you will be required to assist with any problems or personal care needs the young people may have. This will include being responsible for safeguarding the young people and ensuring they are all safe, comfortable and healthy.
Other duties include liaising with other staff, working to agreed care plans and keeping the home clean and tidy.
Who are we looking for?
The Shires need responsible, friendly and caring individuals who have a passion for caring for and ultimately, making a difference to young lives. It will be a challenging yet rewarding role with the opportunity to see the young people progress and develop over time.
Eligible candidates will already be an experienced Care Worker (or above) at level 4 with a minimum 6 months’ experience, and ideally previous management experience. You will have already demonstrated excellent standards of care and professionalism in your current post. Experience of leading shifts, managing and supporting staff and conducting supervisions are all essential. Candidates will be required to work co-operatively and within a multi-disciplinary team, taking the lead in the drafting, co-ordination, implementation and monitoring of individual programmes for specific children and be expected to support the Registered Manager and Deputy Registered Manager, showing a willingness to deputise in their absence. We also need someone who can work well within a team, has great communication skills, can manage their workload and be prepared for the varying difficulties the role may present.
- Provide a safe, caring and healthy environment where children can thrive and develop independence
- Ensure that the children are involved in as many aspects of their care as possible
- Encourage the children to ‘have a voice’ and to make their views and ideas known so that they can be taken on board
- Provide a wide range of exciting and challenging opportunities that meet the individual needs of the children
- Help improve the standard of living and confidence of every child and young adult.
Candidates will also need to meet the following criteria:
- be computer literate and to show good levels of competence in using Windows, Word and Excel;
- hold GCSE English or equivalent;
- have experience of producing care plans from assessments;
- have already obtained the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare or equivalent; and ideally working towards their Level 5 Diploma
- have at least a minimum of 6 months at CW4
- have a good working knowledge of Regulations and Standards;
- have good written and verbal communication skills;
- be able to work accurately and to deadlines;
- can demonstrate how they will make an impact in the role;
- display a commitment to promoting the safeguarding and well-being of young people and or/adults;
- You must be available to work the shifts required
- You must have the desire to work with our young people and complete the required training.
Why work for us?
- Social activities
- Your Wellbeing Matters"
- Employee Rewards Hub
- Free School meals on site
- No two days are ever the same
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
This position is due to commence as soon as possible (subject to approved reference/DBS checks).
Applications are invited online though the Acorn Care and Education website www.acorncare.co.uk. If you have any further questions regarding how to apply please contact 01780 411944 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acorn Education and Care are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for